Week 2 of Carve December


We are two weeks into the Instagram Carving Challenge, #Carve December! For this past week, the prompts have been Energy, Thorny, Smelly, Drifting, Rough, Thoughtful, and Baroque. Check out the final results below!


For day 8, the prompt was Energy. I immediately thought of our new puppy that we picked up this past week, Freya. She has so much energy, and we love it (and her). For this stamp, I decided to carve a golden retriever head and stamp it in Gold. It's a simple image, with deep meaning.

For day 9, the prompt was Thorny. Perhaps it was a lack of creativity to carve thorns for the prompt thorny, but it's what ended up happening regardless. This image was supposed to be way more complex than it ended up being. We were traveling this day, and I didn't have my ring light to help me see, so I simplified it enough to get the image I wanted, but it's still complex enough that I'm proud of it.

For day 10, the prompt was Smelly. I ended up carving a dragon-breathing fire because of my husband. When one of us has terrible breath, we usually tell the other, "You have dragon's breath!" So, this stamp was mostly an inside joke between us that I've now shared with all of you.


For day 11, the prompt was Drifting. I was thinking about things that float on water and came up with a sailboat. I'm not actually a big boat person, but I seem to gravitate to sailboats. 


For day 12, the prompt was Rough. Initially, I was going to carve a rock but didn't want to waste my recourses on something as silly as a rock, so I did something else that's similar but much cooler, coral! I think coral is so cool, and I had the perfect Ink to stamp it in now that I have Tim Holtz's Saltwater Taffy Ink pad.


For day 13, the prompt was Thoughtful. I carve this hand, holding balloons because I can use it on thank you cards that I need to write. It's simple enough that I can use it for multiple occasions and fits the prompt.


For day 14, the prompt was Baroque. My mind went straight to 17th-century cathedrals and their architecture. I decided that carving the interior of one of those masterpieces would be too difficult, so I settled on a window style. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

#CarveDecember is going well, but I'm already regretting doing the challenge this year. It's incredibly time-consuming and I can't seem to get ahead of schedule like I did last year. I also have an 8-week-old puppy that required my constant supervision, and she takes a lot of time. Nevertheless, I plan to finish the challenge! Next week, the prompts include Soft, Plaid, Intricate, Clear, Grunge, Bubble, and Texture.

To see my previous Carve December posts, click below!

Week 1 of Carve December

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing the Newest Letterboxer... Freya

The Coolest Letterbox I've Found Wasn't Even a Letterbox

How I Became AdventurousAcorn